CSA Z462 Compliant Arc Flash & Shock Electrical Safety eLearning Training
E2 Inc. is pleased to offer CSA Z462 compliant Arc Flash & Shock eLearning training through its partnership with Danatec Educational Services Ltd.
Danatec’s training solutions for Arc Flash and Shock are used to reduce risk and promote mitigation of exposure when electrical workers have not performed energized electrical work tasks.
Danatec provides electrical safety consulting services and licensed products, and is an electrical safety training solutions provider. Terry Becker, P.Eng., CESCP, IEEE Senior Member, Danatec’s Senior VP, Electrical Safety Division is the subject matter expert and visionary of the eLearning Electrical Safety Training System (ESTS) for Electrical Workers.
Who Should Take the Course?
The ESTS is a compliant and highly-effective eLearning training experience for Electrical Workers, Supervisors, Electrical Engineers, Electrical Technologists, Instrumentation Mechanics, HVAC Technicians, Cathodic Protection Technicians, Overhead Door & Crane Mechanics, Fire Alarm Technicians and other workers who need to manage or may be exposed to the electrical hazards of arc flash and shock.
Training Course Outline
- Regulations, Consensus-based Standards and Best Practices
- Understanding Electricity in the Workplace
- Electrical Hazards: Understanding the Potential for Harm
- Risk Assessment Procedure
- Establishing an Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Engineering and Administrative Controls
- Electrical Specific PPE, Tools and Equipment
- Emergency Response, Incident Reporting and Program Maintenance
- Final Assessment & Work Task Scenarios
The training course uses leading edge technology for the best available online training solution. Training is highly interactive and delivered in modules with multiple lessons, interactive knowledge checks, virtual work task scenarios and a final assessment. The ESTS uses a 3D “Virtual Electrical Workplace” to enhance the training experience. Built into the LMS software is a downloadable Student Workbook, a Resource Toolbox with extra reference material, and an online “Ask the Instructor” tool so students can get answers to any questions they may have. Training certificates are awarded upon successful completion with an 80% passing score.
Benefits of the ESTS Electrical Worker eLearning training course for Arc Flash & Shock
- Affordable and cost-effective
- Effective standalone training solution for your entire workforce
- Training for workers across large geographic areas and remote locations – train anytime, anywhere
- Increase productivity by training workers during down times or off normal business hours
- Track student progress and maintain accountability
- Repeatable, interactive experience with state of the art multimedia, rich 2D and 3D graphics, and virtual simulations
With eLearning training, more frequent refresher training can be provided because of the lower cost per worker.
How to Register
Individual students can register for online training at www.arcflashtrainingbc.ca. The cost of the course for individual students is $125.
Companies who want to arrange training for multiple students can also register at www.arcflashtrainingbc.ca. but before you take this step, we encourage you to contact Phil Davis at E2 Inc. (email@example.com) to discuss your specific safety training needs. Group purchases for this course will be made through an ESTS Corporate Facilitator account. Companies can choose to manage their own account, or you can request E2 Inc. management of your account at no charge. Course fee discounts are available on group purchases of more than 25 training seats.
E2 Inc. looks forward to providing follow-up electrical safety courses in collaboration with Danatec starting later in 2017.